January 17, 2007

Play mum?

The kids are still on their summer vacation and so I am pretty tied up with cooking and cleaning up after them whilst kiddos watch more and more DVDs and also they seem to play endlessly. Dd sometimes want me to play with her and she would make a pitiful face and say "Mama, you NEVER play with me!". It is half true as I have lots of unfinished house chores to do and I don't really fancy playing after all that. But I obliged today and we played a little version of " monkey in the middle" in the corridor as it was scorching hot outside. Wow, it was fun and I felt energised but then after 15 mins it was back to mundane work and surfing the web after that. Lol. Dh sometimes argues that I should play more with kids (He relishes his role as play dad on weekends!) but I tell him I honestly don't see any mums I know playing with their kids that much. Mums are always cooking or housecleaning or doing chores inside/outside the house and some mums are not even around for their kids and they want me to be play mum? Can someone tell me how many play mums are out there playing ball/soccer with their kids?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't play soccer but I do wrestle with my kids. They're still young that I can "let" them win. I am sure we will come to a stage where they will have to let ME win. At least I hope they will let me win when I'm old and fragile!

Norma Kassim PhD said...

cannot remember either...

elisataufik said...

Before I found out I was pregnant with Izani (which is like, 18 months ago!!) I played soccer with my boys in front of our house (our house is on a cul-de-sac, so no traffic). I stopped after it got too semput for me to run around with a belly. Lagipun jadi segan pulak, coz I do not see any other mommies out playing with their kids..
so nowadays I just take walks around the compound with Izani in a stroller and the kids on their bikes.
Tapikan, don't you find those breaks from housechores to play with the kids quite invigorating? bila lagi nak perasan muda.. tee hee :)

Earthmom said...

Thank you ladies for your comments. At least I know that there play mums out there. hehe.