April 19, 2007

Magpies in Backyard

Dd keeps feeding magpies in the backyard despite her mum asking her not to. (Okay her mum feeds them too). So there are always magpies roaming around. When we came back this afternoon , there was a whole troop of >10 magpies in the backyard as I had left pieces of bread. I went to get my digicam upstairs and when I came down , my toddler had chased them all away. (And he was afraid of the birds in the beginning of his life). Man! it is hard to take pics of wildlife.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mum used to do the same until she had a flock of 20 and they left bird poo everywhere! She stopped feeding them quite quickly after that.

Earthmom said...

I know what you mean by the bird poo as I was cleaning them up before the flock came. I hope the council don't mind despite the level 5 water restriction as I was waiting for the rain. We rely on the rain a lot in M'sia to wash cars etc. But poor dd, she soo wanna have a pet like a dog, a cat, a guinea pig , anything .. even ants will do.