March 09, 2008

Fun Run 1

Woohooooo! I completed a 5km fun run. I wasn't really thinking about doing one in March as am still a beginner (and I suffered shin splints ( ie horrible lower leg pains) for a couple of weeks) but what the heck, so I signed up a week ago after finding out about the International Women's Day funrun. I only jogged about 2/3km a couple of times a week for the past weeks and only managed a 5km jog 2 days before the event and the good thing is I finished the funrun 5-6 minutes than my 5km training time! How good is that! There were also hills and bridges to climb in the course when I was really hoping that it was a flat, flat course. The contor of my neighbourhood is a bit undulating (perhaps easier than the old neighbourhood I lived in which was super hilly). Now perhaps I need to fine tune my jog for the next fun run probably in April/May.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Mummy. We are proud of you.

Fun Run support team.

Norma Kassim PhD said...

Gosh I really really need a motivation to do extra joggings !!

Earthmom said...

Thanks Ailin! I was running at a pathetic slow rate but I made it lol!
K. Norma,
Try walk jog sometime during weekend before heading for roti canai/breakfast. It is fun! A lot of ladies young at heart here are really fit and bit me to the finish line.
To the funrun support team, I expect you to be there at the next event.(This is a directive not a recommendation.) Be there or be square!