October 17, 2006

My 1st Blog Entry!


So what do I write on my first blog entry? I dunno. I don't really have the time to blog with 3 children to manage daily. Anyway, after reading all those cool blogs on the net, I think it is high time for me to blog. Hehe. I hope my internet connection will not fail me again while I am writing this.. So I am just learning to blog as I go along. It is quite user-friendly so far but I hope I can write better than this later on without too much grammatical and spelling mistakes. Don't quote me on that though.
Ramadan Mubarak to all muslims reading this though there is only a week left, I hope you have a blessed Ramadan. I do have an intense affinity with Ramadan though regrettably, I wish that I could have done more terawih prayers and Quran reading than I did so that maybe my deed book with the angel on my right improves greatly .. However, I would be just as contented if I could fast the whole month so that I do not need to replace any days for this Ramadan.
The toughest thing for me to do in Ramadan is waking up 3.15 am before fajar prayers to have sahur . In KL, I could still wake up around 5 am and eat a decent meal for sahur but here in Oz , fajar/sunrise is much earlier at this time of year so 3.15 am it is then, up til 3.45 am do I prepare and have my sahur with my dh. We did managed to wake up for 23 days in a row for sahur. Phew.. Infact, on the first night of Ramadan , I had pretty much insomnia right after my mum called me up at 10.30 pm from KL. So I fried some rice at 12 pm and still could not sleep so I had my sahur at 2am on that very 1st Ramadan morning. Since Oz muslims only started fasting on Monday 25 September 2006, that is 2nd or 3rd Ramadan for other countries which means we would be the last to celebrate Eid although we're 2 hrs ahead of KL and 10hrs ahead of GMT and say 14-18 hrs ahead of USA. Hmmm. Is it too early to say Eid Mubarak to all muslim friends out there?!...

No comments: