December 11, 2007

Summer kids' activities

The kid's school term will end this week and I have some things up my sleeve to keep them occupied. Next week I'm sending them to a swimming bootcamp. Then we'll go to the library next door. The library has a superb summer reading program for kids and dd already has half the stamps in her passport to qualify for a reward. I think it might take longer for her brother to collect the stamps. I hope he doesn't get too bored this hol. He might want to go swimming or to the playground everyday or even to the icecream parlour/toy shop. Boy, it is going to be a looong hot summer. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is playgroup at my house today - you are invited!

As for the holidays, I am planning on taking them outside as much as possible. The crying doesn't seem half as bad when they're outdoors and there are always bugs and spiders to keep them occupied.

I will be taking them to every park in the vicinity and a few that are miles away.

Lots of playdough and collage stuff and tons of water play (under the level 6 restrictions of course)

Then there will be days when I will be veging out and they will be allowed to watch television or play on the computer ALL day.

Getting them involved in daily chores which I fully expect to be met with a great deal of resistance.

Earthmom said...

I like your holiday plan! I too am planning to do a lot of outdoor stuff, go to the park for a walk jog with them. I will try very hard not to go to the mall with my sons as they are boisterous and will also insist on buying something. This will be hard as the nearest library is in the mall. I will love to vege out too but not as frequently as in Ramadan. Dd was soo bored then she reiterated "I'm bored" almost 10-20 times a day near my ear so yeah have to be more active this time lol. Happy hols to you and little ones!