February 07, 2008

Heaviest Downpour

We had by far the heaviest downpour yesterday. Cats and dogs I tell ya. It started when we were arriving for my kids swimming lessons at the sports centre and we had to walk a fair bit as it poured. Toddler was all soaking wet even though he wore his bro's big school legionaire hat. We left straight after the class. Good thing we didn't wait as it was flooding in the car park and the water almost reached the car's exhaust!
I think it poured for nearly 3 hours. When it stopped , heard a ding dong bell. Neighbour was concerned a lot of water coming in his backyard. Wondering where it was from? (How about looking up in the sky?) His family's house was sort of down the hill/road so water was gushing down (It's call gravity.) He was concerned that our pool was full to the brim and maybe this might be perilous for his home/backyard.(Believe me the water will trickle in my house first before it does go into his. And I was hoping to do a few cannon balls with kids). I told neighbour that (workaholic) hubby wasn't home yet and I was waiting for dh to do something about it. (Not a good idea if our houses were on the verge of flooding.) I offered to sweep the water puddling in my backyard into the drain a bit, if it helps. He offered to jump over my gate/fence to help open the pool's valve so the water level recedes a bit. Cute. Go on! Jump over the fence! Break a leg!
..............................
Oh, for heaven's sakes! Use the gate. It's not locked!

2 comments:

Swahili said...

Rain, whats that. oooh is it really frm the sky and it falls naturally? and its clean water, so you can discard the hatt or poncho and gleefully play w/o care..wow. news to me.
*comment from a sinical sinister being frm a land where rain is man-made and its streaky dirty.

Did i add lucky you :>

Earthmom said...

I absolutely adore the rain. (Wish I can sing in the rain like Gene Kelly did in the classic, lol.) My hubby would roll his eyes though as he's a blue sky and sunshine let's go to the beach/park kinda guy!