April 23, 2008

ANZAC cookies

I guess I'm writing too much on sports these days and less on cooking coz I haven't really done any great recipes lately.
Well, it is almost ANZAC day in Oz which is a very important memorial day here and older son kept pestering me to make ANZAC cookies from a recipe in a kid's mag his friend gave him. So I baked some last weekend with his help. It wasn't that difficult and it is rather nutritious with rolled oats, dessicated coconut and honey. I could bake more cookies if the recipes are not that cumbersome. (you know many cookie recipes need to use cookie cutters and rolling pins etc ).

2 comments:

Swahili said...

oh yes Anzac cookies..funny the name has cropped up once every week this month.i made some last week too it was that or Granola - tryin to inject good stuff to junks arnd the house.

i dnt like coconuts but i tolerate them in this cookies..yum

Earthmom said...

There's something about oats in cookies that makes them yummy and good!