May 03, 2008

1st Road Accident

My car was involved in its first road accident in Oz a couple of hours ago. It was at a T junction near our house. We were coming back from the park after feeding ducks in the pond. I was waiting at the T junction to go to the right. A car from the left wanted to turn right into the road I was coming from. I don't think he stopped even though cars were streaming down from the opposite direction so he collided with a car. Oh my god , both the 2 cars looked really screwed up in front of me. My car was lucky ... actually very, very lucky to sustain only a dented number plate as the guilty party's car bumped into the front portion of my car. I came out to assess the damage and as I saw there was oil leaking from one car , I asked one guy in the front seat to come out of his car as I was afraid his car might catch fire though he looked like he had severe chest pains. Poor Guy! His daughter was in total shock , (poor girl!) as she went on about that she was on her way to swim class etc so now how is she going to go if her car is looking like that? Her mum was getting the swim bag out of the car so I helped carry her daughter across to the road side ( I think she forgot about her partner who was in pain! and I had to remind her to help him.) The guilty driver was on the phone calling RACQ etc. I don't think he lended a hand other than that. There was one passerby who came and helped with the parties involved and he even helped by directing traffic flow (bless him!) before the fire engine and ambulance came. The police were the last to come. I had to wait for them to give my details and then we were free to go. We met dh on the way back as he was working on a Saturday and it took him a while to come over. Hmm.. he missed all the action!

4 comments:

Swahili said...

is the guy on his mobile?? im so peeved wth that one aspect (beside being drunk)that one can control but chose not to.

glad you guys are ok..

Earthmom said...

No the guy wasn't on his mobile at the time but why he had the audacity to turn right whilst there wasn't any safe gaps btw passing cars, leaves me bewildered. Lucky his car got hit at the front near the engine and not near his front passenger seat where his 12yo son was sitting!

elisataufik said...

astaghfirullah!! I am glad to know that you and kids are okay.

Earthmom said...

Elisa,
Alhamdulillah we were ok. It was first time I used that junction to the park and back! I'm hesitant to use that junction again. However, I just received a circular that the council is going to upgrade and add traffic lights there within few months time.
btw, hope you got the books I posted.