June 29, 2008

Semolina Cake

I made a semolina & lemon syrup cake today- right after I came back from cycling- (ouch! my legs still hurts). I thought I'd do something with the semolina I bought ages ago when I wanted to try to make them. This cake does not contain wheat flour whatsoever, only semolina, grounded almonds, butter and sugar. (Good heavens, didn't think that was possible). Thought I'll do some baking as school is out and I have been requested to bake a chocolate cake for a picnic in the park this week. Hopefully, I still remember how to bake one !

3 comments:

Swahili said...

I personally like Semolina (Sugi) pudding when its hot.

Will you post pics of the choco cake - im always on the lookout for alternative recipes (to chco cake)

Earthmom said...

yes I agree the semolina cake was good when it was piping hot and poured with lemon syrup.
I sincerely hope I can take pics of the cake this wednesday before the kids devour it. Shall post the recipe soon.

Anonymous said...

I make one - it must be the same recipe with orange syrup. Lemon sounds delicious, though. I might try this when I am off my body building diet.