June 06, 2008

Update

Went back to KL and came back in one piece, Alhamdulillah. Kinda hectic living at my mum's place for a few weeks (though we have our own place but not much furnishing there unfortunately). Tis a bit rowdy having our 3 kids and their cousins in one place. Seriously.. not much rest at home as they keep barging into our room. I think the nephews equate us with fun and pleasure of some sort! But the good thing is someone else is doing the cooking, washing and cleaning up. :) Now back in Oz, no more nephews to contend with but have to do own ..you guessed it , cooking, washing and cleaning. :(
I also have to work on my exercise routine again as all that M'sian food did a bit of damage to my waist line again although I did go to to the gym a couple of times a week there, even on vacation in PD and Melaka, I think it wasn't enough , I still suffered from all the fatty nasi lemak and roti canai (dh's favourite breakfast btw.. he took 1 hour to finish with his buffet breakfast (I was timing him)whereas I only took half hour, yet it doesn't do any serious damage to him except perhaps his wallet). I am so glad to be far away from all that food , tis a blessing in disguise teehee.. Although dh will miss his roti canai , he says I make better nasi lemak than the M'sian stalls. How nice of him to say that .. Too bad I don't make it as often as he'd like.

6 comments:

Ailin in Aalborg said...

i would love to sample YOUR nasi lemak.

Earthmom said...

Sure thing. When will that be I wonder? (And I'd like to try those drinks you concoct for your desi friends.)
I cooked some nasi lemak for student friends here and they like it a lot (though the nasi is nothing like my mum's in KL as I can't bring in helba seeds and too lazy to find pandan leaves in Oz). But probably the sambal udang/sotong ada kowww sikit so not for faint hearted.

Swahili said...

Ive never quite muster up the courage nor inclined to reach for my helba seeds everytime i cook nasi lemak. husband been nudging me to try.

perhaps a little rebellion on my end to stick to cooking nasi lemak-Su's Way.

lucky the rebellion streak stays on nasi lemak only. cant wait for my home leave - i want asam pedas!

elisataufik said...

i never cook nasi lemak without the fennugreek seeds! so swahili - perhaps you should come over ;)

I can't wait to balik malaysia for the gastronomic feast. But before that , I have to fast first! :)

Earthmom said...

For me, nasi lemak tastes and smells great with the seeds and pandan leaves and an added bonus if it is made with freshly squeezed coconut milk!
But from what I see, I don't think guys (like my hubby) bother about the rice and they usually concentrate on what accompanies it!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Your husband and I both. I could sit for three hours eating roti canai. (I think I did, actually) What a delightful adventure you had with the house full of children. How did you ever manage to keep you sanity?