January 25, 2008

End of School hols soon (YaY)

YaY, the kids had their last swimming bootcamp lesson today and they are going back to school next week. Phew!! I am so glad the school hols is almost over. My friend whom we met yesterday and went to park near the river together, was also glad that school is starting soon. (She has 6 kids, mind you). There is absolutely no way I could go to the mall to do grocery shopping and take a leisurely tea break with 3 kids all of whom have vested interest in going to any toy shops and book shops they see.
Anyway, I am very pleased with dd and ds swimming skills as they have improved immensely and their competency level has gone up. I spent more than $300 for 3 weeks for 2 children so I think it was well worth it. Dd is now learning how to do the butterfly stroke and I think she was quite good at it for a beginner. (Hey, I 'm still struggling with this stroke myself.) Ds also has improved and can do freestyle/front crawl and backstroke well. Being nimble, he is also very good at somersaulting and diving in the water too which wasn't even part of his lessons. Maybe I should sign him up in synchronise swimming squad at the aquatic centre if they will have him!!!
Today there was a pirate pantomine at the library so I promised to take the children there. Sadly ds didn't have enough stamps to qualify for a reward in the summer reading program yet so this was a quick way to get a stamp. They had to dress up like a pirate somewhat. Dd brought along her bandana and a plastic sword along. When we arrived at the library , the pantomine had already started and I noticed dd holding an unidentified brown object in her hand. It turned out she was holding her dad's underwear which I have no idea how and where she planned to use it as part of her pirate costume. I confiscated it right away. So there you are , she was holding it from the carpark all the way to the library and I didn't even realise it as I was busy calling out to ds on his scooter and toddler. I hope nobody else realised it either!

5 comments:

Lollies said...

Hooray for the swimming!
And hahahahah for dad's underwear! I wonder if anyone saw it and was thking what theme is she suppose to be in

Swahili said...

My son went into a pirate phase 2mths ago, stuck to his forehead lookin more red indian than pirate is a haphazard tied pink ribbon, which he found frm my craft box.

Imagine dragging a boy around town with a pink ribbon. he took it out only when i made him a serious pirate costume to his exact specification.

Kids..but yours took the cake

Earthmom said...

Lollies,
I can only think of 1 theme. Superman!
swahili,
My kids like to clown around with my garments while I'm folding the clothes and I let them sometimes. I guess I should of told them not to do it in public.

Anonymous said...

What part of the costume required men's underwear? That is hilarious!!

Earthmom said...

Tasmiya,
Dd is a bit embarrassed I wrote this about her. (She should of thought of this BEFORE bringing it to the library). I can't quite figure out what she wants it for either.