January 19, 2008

Gym & Sing

I'm happy to say that I am no longer saving up for a liposuction as my swimming and walk/jog routine has toned my body like never before. All I have to do now is to keep this up a couple of times a week. However, the only downside to swimming is that my skin has turned a beautiful dark tan like never before. (beautiful ie if you are a proponent that a dark tanned skin is desirable, an unlikely thought if you are M'sian/Asian woman.)
I opted for a gym session yesterday. Gym isn't really my thing honestly as I get kinda dizzy using the treadmill but I managed it for half an hour( I only read the notice that we're only supposed to use it for 20 mins during peak hours afterwards) and a bit of cycling. I think I need to do some upper body exercise too so probably I'll do rowing next time. There were many guys doing weights and stuff in the other room. I tried one for a few seconds which I saw a woman do, where you sit and pull the weights down to your shoulder or something. (I'm clueless about weights. Where is the gym instructor when you need one? )
On another matter, when I picked up my kids at the sports centre's creche, the childmilder exclaimed to me that "your children have such good singing voices!" and she hoped they will be back to entertain the creche again! It turned out they were singing songs from High School Musical 2 which they have watched countless times now. (Countless as I've given up counting how many times I heard the songs from the DVD since last week.) So okayyy, so they are hyperactive talkative kids and they make me a little embarrassed sometimes in public, but admittedly, they do sing quite well!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Hi there!

Thanks for visiting my pool blog! I'm having fun reading yours.

We went to Homebush Aquatic centre today.

Earthmom said...

Hi Sally!
Glad to see you here and having fun. Will be sure to visit your blog for latest pool pics. Btw, those pics of them natural rock pools near the sea are awwwesome! Wish I could see one IRL.

Unknown said...

:-) Great to see some good news and some happiness.....what with the stock market crashing downwards...

keep walking!

idham

Earthmom said...

I think dh is quite happy with my new past time as it saves him heaps of $$ as I have less time to shop and use his cc.