January 15, 2008

Pool Obsession

I'm obsessed with the Olympic size 50m heated pool at the local sports centre. It is perfect for swimming for rainy, hot or cold weather! (Well, I haven't tried it in winter yet).
My personal best in KL was probably doing 25m x 25 laps. However, last week I managed 50m x 20 laps twice (after the first session, my body ached soo bad) and yesterday I pushed my ability a bit more and tried swimming for perhaps a mile (1.6km). I wanted to do more up to 2km but due to technical problems I had to stop (In other words -I had to answer nature's call). Of course, I did them mainly in breast strokes and back strokes as I am working on my new free style technique. Hopefully when the new DVD/books I ordered arrives, I can do the drills (somewhat). Then... only then, I might be able to do more laps in free style without being out of breath, and I don't have to give way to those power swimmers passing me on my laps too often on early morning laps.
My obsession with swimming pools led me to the city's aquatic centre to check out all the pools there. They have a diving pool 5m deep, 25m , 50m and wading pools under a climate control environment. While my kids and I were there, we had a glimpse of the aussie national team practicing their synchronise swimming routine. Hmmm.. interesting. Ohh.. I also checked out sally's blog on swimming pools she's been to. It is soo good to know that I'm not the only person going googoo gaagaa over pools teehee... Now, did I mention the local Olympic size pool is heeated?

2 comments:

Swahili said...

Heated pool..sigh, that thought alone is so comforting to my aching cold bones. its practically rattling in this blizzard (ok i exxagerate)

Sorry i thot you are in KL (plead insanity), I left you notes on the steamer from my blog. Work the same if you can find cantonese restaurant in Oz.

ooh ya, btw a very close second to heated pool, i just ask husband 10mins ago, if he get me heated toilet seat first thing when hes super rich. Insyallah *grin*

Earthmom said...

Let me see, you are in Singapore? No! Middle East? Hey, I didn't know it was cold there. I want a heated toilet seat too esp in the winter!
And thanks for your suggestion for the steamer, however, I'm no good at bargaining at all. Maybe I can get dh to do it for me as he is learning a bit of mandarin hehe.