November 21, 2006

The healing effects of honey..

I caught a bug while I was on a family outing at a theme park. It was a hot sunny day and I drank some cold soft drinks as well as my fave hot chocolate. I try to avoid iced water at all cost but sometimes can't help indulging in them especially in hot weather. Due to this , it left me with a sore throat. I am not happy when this happens as usually a flu will follow suit. I took a couple of paracetamol when I got back from the trip and hoped the flu symptoms won't persist for a week as it normally does. In addition, I also drank tea spoons of honey to sooth my sore throat. Thankfully, I had a supply of pure natural honey bought from a friend's daughter. Today afternoon, I feel much better. I think the honey has shorten the effects of my cold symptoms. Alhamdulillah. I am grateful from reading this paragraph from the AlQuran that gives a clue to the healing properties of honey.
"And your Sustainer has inspired the bees saying "Prepare for yourself dwellings in the mountains and in the trees and in what (men) build. Then, eat all manner of fruits , and find with skills the path of your Sustainer".There issues from their bellies, a drink of varying colour, wherein is healing for mankind. Verily, in this is indeed a sign for those who give thought." Surah An-Nahl (The Bees),68-69

No comments: