November 24, 2006

Who "Messed Up" This Time huh ?

[I thought I would not be writing about the visit from the agent again but this was too good to pass up. ]
While I was reheating some chicken korma and frying roti paratha for my children this morning, not fully recovered from a late night (I watched a stand up comedy show with dd and a DVD of the show with dh til 12am), someone rang the door bell. I went to check who it was and was totally surprised that it was the property agent. She said that she was there to make an inspection! She came at 8.30 am and I wasn't ready. Dd was not feeling well and staying home today, the beds were not made and a lot of other stuff were not tidied up.
So I was asking her is she sure about the date , which agency is she from and did she get the right address. I told her that someone had already done the routine inspection and this time it should be just for checking the walls. She asked me "What is wrong with the walls?"
#Mistake no 1 - What planet is she living on? I mean don't they liasons with their officemates/boss about what they are supposed to do in their job description. The tenant (me) had to explain to her that there were smudge marks on the wall when agent C came to check last time.
Agent G said she would go to her car and call Agent C to find out so I had some time to tidy upstairs while dd helped to make her bed. She came back 5 minutes later and said that she was going to do an inspection on the walls.
#Mistake no 2 - It was indeed supposed to be a remedy check up and not a quarterly routine check up.
I found a copy of their letter and showed her the date of entry they informed us was indeed due next week and not today.
# Mistake no 3 - The agent had the dates mixed up not me! Phew.
She wanted to inspect the house anyway as she was already there. In a country where you could never get to see someone formally without a prior appointment, what could I say to someone who wanted to barge into my house to do an inspection without arriving at the correct time of appointment. I said go ahead as I already cleaned up the walls. (Am I nice or what?) Agent G walked in and passed by the walls without scrutinising them like Agent C . Then she left. So who "messed up" this time, huh?

No comments: