November 30, 2006

There is a spider in the house..

When I went to grab the broom behind the fridge to sweep the floor, a menacing spider leaped from its hiding. Yikes! I went to sweep anyway and then I came back to have a better look at it. It was substantial in size and a scary looking thing. I could not have it scrambling around the house . The kids would freak out. There were a few spiders that had spun cobwebs in the remote corners of the garage that I left alone but this one had to go. So I took a transparent plastic container and placed it on top of the spider and I slowly contained the 8 legged creature inside it and sealed it with a lid before it could escape. I had a better look at it again . It looked like a miniature tarantula. I had to show it to dear son. Ds took the container and then he dropped the thing in a hurry. He said he was scared it would escape. I told him that it can't but I'm gonna let it free. We went to the backyard and freed the spider on the grass. Then we shut the door so that it could not come in again, we hope.
"Oh spidey! If you were a fly or a roach, I would have swot you instantly!
However, since you got a special mention in Surah Al-Ankabut (The spider) in the Quran and you helped the Prophet Muhammad pbuh and his sahaba Abu Bakr by spinning a cobweb at the entrance of the cave when they were fleeing from the idolaters of Makkah, we decided to let your species a chance and let you go free. You lucky thing! "

No comments: