November 13, 2006

I don't like Mondays..

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays

I wanna shooooot the whole day down.. down.. down..

Part of 70's song by Sir Bob Geldof (Boom Town Rats group)

That is how I feel on Mondays when I become housekeeper extraordinaire. There are breakfast to cook and serve, dishes to wash and beds to make, school lunchboxes to fill and piles and piles of clothes to wash.

After I sent the kids to school today, I started multitasking. Wash some dishes and dump the rest of the dishes in dishwasher. Add soap and press button. Done! Bring piles of laundry in baskets downstairs to wash . Load in washer and dryer. Ongoing! Sweep floors. Done! Clean kitchen stove and wipe tables and sliding door. Done! While I'm at it I thought I might as well clean walls of marks... Hmmm.. I better tell off my kids next time they put their hands on the wall and leave the smudge marks and finger prints.

I was happy to finish most of my housechores when I went to pick up the kids at school. But before that, I went to check the mail box. 5 letters. 1 letter from property agent states that we have to get the marks off walls and kitchen cabinets ready for inspection again by such and such a date . Grrrr... I'm definitely getting a professional cleaner to do it next time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum dear Sis,

And the cheek of some who say that a housewife is just being at home and taking care of the kids! :P

A housewife is just an all in one professional homemaker who is the lowest paid in the housekeeping, chef, laundry master, domestic help, babysitter,cleaner, home manager, etcetera!

Just imagine the amount of salary the husband has to pay to all those people ?

Husbands have it cheap! :D

May Allah SWT bless all the housewifes of the world for the wonderful sacrifices you women make for us menfolk ! Ameen!

Earthmom said...

Waalaikumsalam warahmatullah..
Hubbies are very cheap and Housewives are underrated! :D Cleaners in Oz get paid at least 15-20 dollars an hour(ie about RM40 per hour). The minimum wage is at least $12 here whereas in Malaysia there is no minimum wage. However, dh out of the blue gave me extra money to buy cleaning detergents and for helping to clean the walls. He also agreed to get a cleaner to help tidy the house soon insha Allah! Thanks for your well wishers and doa. Amin.